Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Uncreative updates

I am now two full weeks into being vegan and have to say I'm enjoying it. I've eaten more delicious food than I normally do and have boosted my creativity in the kitchen. I've even lost 5 pounds which is really saying something considering I do nothing but sit on my butt all day. I'm going to keep track of my weight and see how much more I lose by the end of Lent.

Last night I went to the Riverwest Co-op with my roommate and got some more vegan goodies. One of them was boxed vegan Mac and Cheese - I'm going to make it tomorrow night and toss in some veggies. Hopefully it doesn't taste like crap like my homemade stuff did. At the co-op I also got a Teese Cheese quesadilla. I'm not sure how I feel about the Teese - it has an egg white texture and a fake mozzarella flavor. It was just... off. I couldn't really eat the whole thing. My roommate got a Tempeh Reuben sandwich - I wasn't too excited about that either. I was happy to find some silken tofu, which can be used for frostings and mousse :)

Tonight for dinner I had Bangkok Curry again... I was starving by the time I left campus and did not have energy to make dinner. Noodles & Co. to the rescue!

I think that's about it for now. Buena noche!

No comments:

Post a Comment