Tuesday, February 28, 2012

So far so good.

Almost 1 week in and so far I'm not really having any cravings.

Okay that's a lie, but mainly I just want some regular dairy milk since my vegan milks are kinda getting ugh. I'm also craving some seafood since that's the only kind of meat I really enjoy. I'm thinking that after Lent I'm not going to completely continue this vegan thing - just things I bake. Idk. We'll see.

I like eating vegan - and it's actually a lot easier than I thought it would be. But, idk, it's just starting to seem so unnecessary, at least for me. I'm doing it to save the animals, because they are indeed delicious, and I'm not doing it for any health reasons, especially since I can still eat sugar, which is my worst habit. I have a deadly sweet tooth.

Anyway, I did some research about what all those un-pronounceable words are in ingredient labels and found some very useful websites, like this one: http://www.happycow.net/health-animal-ingredients.html.

Wow. This list makes this whole vegan thing seem impossible. How can one possibly go their entire life avoiding every single one of these ingredients? This means I have to look through all of my food AGAIN and pick out stuff that I'm sure has these items.

Buuut how picky should I be? Again, I'm not doing this to be kind to animals. I'm just mainly seeing if I can do it, while trying to reduce the amount of animal fat I intake. Being so picky feels really unnecessary in my situation, but then I can't consider myself vegan. Or can I? Maybe just semi-vegan? Or a lazy vegan? Either way the products are still going to be on the shelves.

Besides, what about other kinds of products that contain animal ingredients? Should I not ride in a car because the wheels might contain something from an animal? Should I toss out some of my clothes? I just don't think it's possible to avoid everything that contains animals products unless I lived in the jungle with leaves as my clothes.

I think I'm just tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment