Sunday, February 26, 2012

A world of possibilities...

Guess what - I'm not allergic to tofu! Spent the weekend at my parents' house and made tofu stir fry for dinner last night, and had no reaction. I decided to be a little more daring an bought a half gallon of Silk soymilk, which did make my throat scratch a little, but it will taste waaay better in my Peanut Butter Panda Puffs cereal than coconut milk. I think coconut milk will be strictly for baking from now on.

Made some yummy recipes this weekend, including the previous banana bread, and a couple new ones, such as Sugar Maple Walnuts from VGTOW and Spaghetti and Vegan Meatballs (recipes to come later). Mom and I had a lot of fun making up the vegan meatballs - I love trying new recipes and being forced to learn how to properly chop an onion, lol. The meatballs were great and had a few simple ingredients. Plus it allowed us to use up the remaining tofu! :)

So far I have to say this vegan thing isn't all that bad. I really feel like I haven't been eating anything too different than what I normally do. I have been feeling the effects of the extra fiber though...

No comments:

Post a Comment